Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics is seekinga superoutgoing RDA to join our Elk Grove pediatric team!
Kids Care Dental is a northern California based dental practice conceived and dedicated to serve the unique needs of children from toddlers to teens. Kids Care Dental offers comprehensive services including preventive dental care, pediatric orthodontics and oral surgery.
Our teams of dental professionals are changing the face of pediatric dental care through our dedication to oral health and compassionate care for our pediatric patients and their guardians. Our practices are predicated on a patient centric approach, through significant team work, flexibility, and commitment.
Our competitive compensation includes group benefits, including group health/dental insurance and a 401(k) savings plan, as well as paid time off for all full time employees after 90 days of employment. We are also offering, for a limited time, a $1000.00 sign on bonus for all newly hired staff after their first 90 days of employment.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duty of the Registered Dental Assistant is assist in the overall delivery of care and to be an integral part of the patient care team by consistently delivering the most memorable and fun service experience possible for every patient, every day in every office. This position with also assist with the ortho team as needed.
- Prepare treatment area for patient by following procedures and protocols
- Prepare patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting and seating patient
- Assist the doctors during treatment procedures
- Perform dental infection control procedures
- Take x-rays
- Educate patients about oral hygiene and their child’s oral health
- Perform all lab related procedures
- Perform cleanings
- Hand off patient at check -out
- Complete care calls and thank you cards
- Assist in managing and controlling supply inventory
- Document dental care services by charting in patient records
- Maintain strict compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, ADA, Dental Board)
- Maintain safe and clean working environment
- Other duties as assigned
***Dependability is a must for this position.***
- Must have current and active state certified RDA license
- Upbeat personality is a MUST
- Loves working with children
- Patient focused, team player
- Excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Clean, neat professional appearance
- Knowledge of Dentrix a plus