Kids Dental Place (KDP) is part of the Hero Practice Services group. Hero is the only practice management company focused on delivering the systems, processes, and people needed to efficiently deliver quality dental, vision, and orthodontic care to children in underserved communities. With 26 offices across seven states, we have helped over a million children, ages six months through 20 years, gain access to the care they need since 2006. Working at Hero is both a career and a calling…join us, BE A HERO!
Serving the needs of the Medicaid population requires a well-oiled machine. Our fast-paced, high volume offices require smart scheduling, effective patient communications, tested processes, and dedicated, well-trained personnel. The KDP team knows what it takes to provide quality dental, vision, and orthodontic care under one roof. We are looking to create long-term relationships with the children and families we serve, and to achieve that goal; we are dedicated to providing our team with the support, compensation, and lifestyle they need for career happiness.
Navigating the healthcare system can be a challenge for the families we serve. At Hero, we make it easy and enjoyable for parents to get regular vision, dental, and orthodontic care for their children. Our kid-friendly offices take the fear out of dental visits, and all our team members are trained to put both children and parents at ease. From scheduling to payments, eyewear selection to orthodontics, we make it fun, easy, and affordable for children to thrive.
To be the leading provider of high-quality and compassionate dental, vision, and orthodontic services to children in underserved communities.
Outcome of the Role
The Registered Dental Assistant’s (RDA) role is to support dentists and/or hygienists as they care for patients. RDA’s perform a variety of duties within a dental office, all of which increase the efficiency of providers and positively impact patient satisfaction.
The outcome of this role is achieved by following Hero Core Values:
Integrity - Doing what is right for our patients, our teammates, and our company. Upholding moral principles and trustworthy actions.
• Be in compliance with all laws and regulatory agencies governing our company (e.g. HIPAA, CDC, ADA, AAPD, OSHA, etc.)
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity in all activities; do not cut corners to achieve goals
• Understand, monitor and ensure effective execution of all policies and procedures by completing administrative tasks correctly and on time
• Support organizational goals and values
• Only perform services that you are currently licensed and/or certified to provide.
Mission Driven - Focused on delivering high quality, compassionate healthcare through your daily activities in efforts to better the community we service.
• Passionate about delivering accurate, high levels of service
• Create a friendly relationship with patients and parents as well as educating them on good oral health
• Provide excellent chair-side assistance to doctor and/or dental hygienist
• As per applicable state laws, and with the necessary credentials and supervision, RDA’s may perform coronal polishing, apply topical fluoride and/or sealants, remove orthodontic bands
• Organizing and sterilizing dental instruments and workstations per OSHA standards
Patient First - Evaluating our level of service and quality to the people we serve, putting what’s best for our patients above all else.
• Answer patient concerns and inquiries
• Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
• Accurately collect and record patient medical and dental histories as well as procedure documentation
• Performing safe x-ray techniques and capture efficient and quality dental x-rays as prescribed by the dentist
Accountability - Taking responsibility for meeting our commitment and taking ownership of our results.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and develops alternative solutions
• Systematically executes proactive, recurring processes to achieve goals provided by the clinical leadership team
• Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies
Compassion - Having the insight and vision to see others and help them along the journey of awareness, courage, confidence, and joy. Seeing people as humans and assuming positive intent.
• Work with others to provide and understand visions and inspiration to peers by displaying passion and optimism
• Foster an atmosphere of constant communication
• Provide guidance and offer your knowledge or assistance to Dental Assistants
• Assist providers in the event of a medical emergency
Teamwork - Acting as a contributing teammate to those you work with, striving for common culture and goals. Supporting one another to achieve the mission and seeing opportunity in yourself and others to develop and grow.
• Put team above self, diligently working to make the broader organization win
• Work well with members of Hero’s leadership team in pursuit of the company’s goals
• Collaborate with others to accomplish the mission by displaying passion and optimism
• Remain open to others’ ideas
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different personalities
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• Must have a current, Registered Dental Assistant license issued by the Dental Board of California and maintain the license throughout employment
• Ability to multi-task and sometimes complete complex dental tasks correctly and on time
• Proficient in understanding, reading, writing, and speaking English to ensure patient safety as well as the accuracy of patient records. Bilingual and/or multilingual employees are highly valued.
• Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates a high level of integrity in all activities
• Candidates must be comfortable with a high volume of work while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
• Computer skills required to operate practice management system (i.e., use Window operating system, conduct Internet searches, communicate by email, etc.)
• Demonstrates a firm understanding of mathematics and basic knowledge of accounting
• Preferred knowledge of Dentrix, eClinical Works, Dolphin Database, Denta-Cal, Ortho 2, Microsoft Excel, and Vision Revolution Accounting software.
As business needs dictate, RDA’s may be required to travel to/from KDP offices; for example, traveling between offices during the workday and/or temporary assignments. Travel time and mileage reimbursement will be paid in accordance with Company policy.
This position requires full range of body motion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, squat, sit, bend and walk; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively and for extended periods of time to handle items, feel or operate standard office equipment; extend and/or reach with hands and arms; and lift or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally 50.
Work is performed in a dental office which is a clinical and office environment. RDA’s are occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals; therefore, compliance with proper safety and OSHA standards is required. This role routinely utilizes standard dental and office equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by RDAs but is not a complete list of the responsibilities, duties or skills required. Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hero Practice Services group and Kids Dental Place provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary and Benefits
Hourly, non-exempt position. Competitive compensation and benefits package.See job description