Position: Registered Dental Assistant
SAC Health System is dedicated to reflect the healing ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education & partnerships that empower our communities to flourish.
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their wellbeing
Excellence striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect holding others in high regard by empowering them
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
Perform basic supportive dental procedures under the supervision of a licensed dentist. Daily work includes gathering and review patient charts for the day. Verify inclusion of required forms. Maintain inventories in the treatment rooms. Review, select and submit orders for patient education materials. Work with receptionist to schedule patients with efficiency. Must be flexible due to many interruptions. Performs other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
- Check treatment room for cleanliness, make necessary changes. Turn on treatment room equipment.
- Sanitize hand piece/vacuum lines every day and after each patient use.
- Clean treatment room at the end of the day, turn off equipment.
- Assists and perform clinical procedures as delegated by the dentist (main chair side assistant maintaining the patient flow). May assists in the oversight of DA chairside.
- Accurately chart each patient's pre-existing conditions; record periodontal measurements.
- Provide thorough and gentle coronal polishing to patients.
- Provide topical fluoride applications for designated patients as prescribed by dentist.
- Communicate with patients and team members in an understandable and professional way.
- Check on patient comfort during treatment; help allay patient anxiety. Call patient in the evening after a difficult appointment.
- Provide patient education materials; oral surgery instruction (pre & post-surgery); oral hygiene instructions.
- Must adhere to infection control procedures. Properly discard all disposable items from each visit. Store instruments and trays in appropriate places.
- Maintain clinical inventory and submit orders to clinic manager once a month or as necessary.
- Knowledgeable in operating radiographic equipment.
- Maintain and organize Laboratory cases for the next day-scheduled patients.
- Assist with dispensing oral medications as prescribed by the dentist.
- Front office cross over duties includes answering telephone, confirming appointments, taking messages for the providers, filing charts and other correspondence, post next day schedule for treatment rooms.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Diploma from an ADA-accredited dental assisting program. Coursework in dental instruments and procedures.
- Current active RDA with coronal polish certificate.
- Current CPR, Compliance with state dental practice requirements: X-ray certification, 8 hour OSHA training.
- Valid CA Driver's License.
- Minimum of one-year experience required, two years preferred.
- Must have Hepatitis B series completed.
- Digital X-ray and Electronic Dental Record Knowledge required. As a requirement of this position you must receive EPIC certification for the module you have been hired into.
- FQHC outpatient clinic
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Full Benefits Package:
Vacation and Sick Leave Plans
Medical / Dental / Vision packages.
!! Monthly Health Insurance Premium Rates among the lowest in the industry!!
Retirement Account with up to 8% employer contribution
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Fitness Facility access
8 Paid Holidays
1 Paid Birthday Holiday
Social Action Community Health System complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Job Type: Full-time