Choosing a career in community healthcare is highly rewarding. Come join a dynamic and diverse team at LifeLong Medical Care as a Registered Dental Assistant. Being bilingual in Spanish is a plus!
Primary responsibility is to ensure the smooth flow of procedures performed by dental staff. Assists dentist in all phases of dentistry, including taking diagnostic intra-oral x-rays. Performs Coronal polishing and prophylaxis.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have 20 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial, referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education, home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision (including dependent and domestic partner coverage), generous leave benefits including nine paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Performs basic supportive dental procedures as follows under the general supervision of licensed dentist(s):
- Assists dentist(s) chair side in all phases of dentistry.
- Manages patient behavior during treatment.
- Operates dental radiographic equipment for the purpose of oral radiology; taking diagnostic quality x-rays, developing and mounting correctly as requested by the dentist(s) as often as needed.
- Assists patients with oral hygiene instructions following dental procedures.
- Performs tasks with adherence to all OSHA and regulatory sterilization, infection control, and protective barrier guidelines.
- Provides case management to school based clients to insure proper follow-up to services performed at school sites.
- Performs prophylaxis and coronal polishing.
- Applies fluoride varnish and or fluoride gel on patients.
- Places sealants on permanent dentations.
- Documents treatment and patient information in dental software program.
- Perform her duties with mobile dental equipment.
- Performs other duties when assigned by the clinic director and dental director.
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills, and ability to be flexible and adaptive to change.
- Ability to effectively present information to others, including other employees, community partners and vendors.
- Ability to work with individuals and organizations at the local level to build support.
- Ability to seek direction/approval from on essential matters, yet work independently with little onsite supervision, using professional judgment and diplomacy.
- Work in a team-oriented environment with a number of professionals with different work styles and support needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and ability to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds and be culturally sensitive.
- Conduct oneself in external settings in a way that reflects positively on LifeLong Medical Care as an organization of professional, confident and sensitive staff.
- Ability to see how one’s work intersects with that of other departments of LifeLong Medical Care and that of other partner organizations.
- Make appropriate use of knowledge/ expertise/ connections of other staff.
- Be creative and mature with a “can do”, proactive attitude and an ability to continuously “scan” the environment, identifying and taking advantage of opportunities for improvement.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Registered Dental Assistant and Radiology License
- Coronal Polish and Sealant Certificates
- Current CPR from AHA approved organization.
- Knowledge of proper use of all dental materials and dental equipment.
- Access to reliable transportation with current auto insurance
- Proficient in Microsoft office word, excel and outlook.
- One year of relevant dental clinic experience.
- Experience with dental software system.
- Experience working with children.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus