Dental Depot is a family owned, patient centered dental practice that began 40 years ago in OK and has grown to 20 locations in three states, with over $60 million in revenue.
The Dental Depot is seeking an experienced Dental Hygienist who has excellent skills and experience as well as the ability to create positive and trusting relationships with patients- the kind of relationships that keep patients coming back!
Position responsibilities include:
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments and/or ultrasonic technology and/or laser therapy.
- Record and review patient medical histories.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal pockets and signs of gum disease.
- Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
- Take periapical, bitewing and panoramic x-rays.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Feel lymph nodes under patient's chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
- Provide clinical services or health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients or the general public.
- Apply fluorides or other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Maintains the patient recall system.
- Remove excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth.
- Conduct dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.
- Examine for signs of OSA.
- Make impressions for whitening trays.
- Helps to ensure smooth flow of the restorative schedule by aiding in the break-down, sterilization, and set up of the operatories throughout the day, assisting in the upkeep of the periodontal treatments as needed while the patient is in the doctor’s chair.
- Complies with: Dental Depot policies and procedures; OSHA policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; and HIPAA policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Position may be required to relocate to other Dental Depot clinics either permanently or on a short term basis due to office needs, or an as needed basis at the discretion of Management.
- Ability to work rotating saturdays
- This position may complete other Administrative and Maintenance tasks as assigned by Management.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Dental Hygiene Degree or Bachelor of Science- Dental Hygiene Degree required
- Dental Software and Microsoft Office knowledge
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Current Laser Certification
- Current OSHA/HIPAA Certification
- Current State of Texas Dental Hygiene License
- One+ years of clinical dental hygiene experience
Dental Depot offers competitive compensation, benefits plans, PTO and holiday pay, 401(k), and discounted dental services. We also offer best-in-class dental education courses for all employees at no cost. Our plans for rapid growth in DFW means that there will be opportunities for growth- both personally and professionally.
Join Dental Depot and make an…
I ntegrity. M astery. P ositivity. A ccountability. C ompassion. T rust.
…on your career, on your values, on your future!
#weIMPACTlives To learn more about Dental Depot visit- https://dentaldepotdfw.com/about-dental-depot/
Equal Opportunity Employer