One-of-a-kind experience….. Rewarding Career
No Evenings, No Weekends and Summers Off!
Indiana Dental Outreach, a school-based mobile dental company, is seeking a Registered Dental Hygienist to help provide dental services to the children within our Indiana schools.
The practices we service primarily focus on children who suffer from poor hygiene and who may also not have easy access to dental care. We truly believe in the importance of this mission and would welcome you as part of the team…and the children in our Indiana schools will too!
If you are interested in the mission and want to learn more about this opportunity, please email your contact information to Brent directly at BCOGSWELL@mobiledentists.com. Or apply directly online and we will review your application ASAP.
This is a FULL-TIME opportunity!
Must be willing to travel throughout multiple counties in Indiana.
Smile Programs Offers:
- Evenings, weekends and summers off!
- Working a school day schedule (about 6 – 7 hours); on average between 7:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Benefit package (health, dental, vision)
- Travel Pay
- Unique work experience and flexible scheduling
- Competitive compensation
- State-of-the-art portable dental equipment
- Latest technology & digital radiography
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Qualifications:
- Active RDH License
- Working experience as a Dental Hygienist
- CPR or BLS certification
- Works well with children
- Ability to work well on a small team and in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and willing to travel within the county
- Ability to lift and carry equipment for set-up and take-down (up to 50 lbs)
- Able to walk up flights of stairs on certain occasions, some schools may not have an elevator
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Responsibilities:
- Assist with oral health management of all patients-being a team player at all times
- Verify the identity of patient using name and date of birth prior to administering treatment, place your initials on the medical chart indicating that verification was made.
- Obtain oral health assessment of each patient [new-baseline; follow-up patient]
- Review medical history and other pertinent oral health information
- Provide oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted best practices and standards.
- Provide dental assistance as directed by the dentist
- Provide oral health education and individual counseling to each patient according to known oral health care practices (e.g. tooth brushing, flossing)+)
- Document provided dental services on the patient’s chart.
- Daily travel to and from school sites
General Working Conditions:
This position entails situations of prolonged sitting and standing, as well as working in tight spaces. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to lift 50+ pounds and assist with unloading, set up, break down, and reloading equipment from mobile van into school and back to mobile van. This position requires the dexterity and motor skills to handle dental instruments, x-ray equipment, sterilizers, air compressors and other equipment as needed to perform job tasks. The employee must follow safety guidelines to protect themselves and patients from infectious diseases and associated risks with the x-ray machine. The work environment is fast paced, requiring adaptability to interact with children and adults.
Smile Programs is the nation's leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile Programs provides preventative and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile Programs affiliates with state licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school or in a self-contained mobile dental facility on site at the school. If portable equipment is used, classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, obtained through years of experience bringing mobile dental care to schools, as well as through our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Smile Programs is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children across the country, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today's underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile Programs.
Smile Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.