One-of-a-kind experience….. Rewarding Career
No Evenings...No Weekends...Summer Off
Smile Pennsylvania, a school-based mobile dental company, is seeking a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) in the Pittsburgh, PA area and neighboring counties to help provide dental services to the children within our Pennsylvania schools.
The practices we service primarily focus on children who suffer from poor hygiene and who may also not have easy access to dental care. We truly believe in the importance of this mission and would welcome you as part of the team…and the children in our Pennsylvania schools will too!
If you are interested in the mission and want to learn more about this opportunity, please email your contact information to Emily directly at EDayne@mobiledentists.com. Or apply directly online and we will review your application ASAP.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Qualifications:
- Must hold active RDH license and X-ray certification
- 1+ years’ experience as a Registered Dental Hygienists (RDH)
- Valid driver license, reliable transportation and a willingness to travel locally is a must
- Works well with others (both children and adults)
- Ability to work well in fast-paced environment; organized and detail-oriented; able to multi-task
- Must be able to carry up to 55 lbs.
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
- Able to walk several flights of stairs on occasion as many schools are without elevators
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) Responsibilities:
- Assist with oral health management of all patients-being a team player at all times
- Verify the identity of patient using name and date of birth prior to administering treatment, place your initials on the medical chart indicating that verification was made.
- Obtain oral health assessment of each patient [new-baseline; follow-up patient]
- Review medical history and other pertinent oral health information
- Provide oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted best practices and standards.
- Provide dental assistance as directed by the dentist
- Provide oral health education and individual counseling to each patient according to known oral health care practices (e.g. tooth brushing, flossing)+)
- Document provided dental services on the patient’s chart.
- Daily travel to and from school sites
Smile Programs Offers:
- No Evenings, No Weekends and Summers off!
- Working a school day schedule (around 5 – 7 hours); on average between 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- Excellent benefit packages
- Travel Pay
- Full and part time positions
- Competitive compensation
- State-of-the-art portable dental equipment
- Latest technology & digital radiography
General Working Conditions:This position entails situations of prolonged sitting and standing, as well as working in tight spaces. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to lift 50+ pounds and assist with unloading, set up, break down, and reloading equipment from mobile van into school and back to mobile van. This position requires the dexterity and motor skills to handle dental instruments, x-ray equipment, sterilizers, air compressors and other equipment as needed to perform job tasks. The employee must follow safety guidelines to protect themselves and patients from infectious diseases and associated risks with the x-ray machine. The work environment is fast paced, requiring adaptability to interact with children and adults.
Who We Are
Smile Programs is the nation's leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile Programs provides preventative and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Smile Programs is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Smile Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.