NO EVENINGS OR WEEKENDS! SUMMERS OFF!
The nation’s largest in-school dental program is looking for an RDH to provide dental services to children who may not otherwise receive dental care within Kalamazoo/Battlecreek, MI. For almost 20 years, Smile Programs has been changing lives, one small smile at a time. We need your help to reach many more children in need.
- Providing dental hygiene services during mobile dental clinics
- Must be comfortable taking digital x-rays
- Charting patient records as needed
- Assisting team with equipment set-up, breakdown, and sterilization
- Daily travel to and from school sites
- Must hold active RDH license and x-ray certification
- 1+ years RDH experience preferred
- Reliable transportation a must; willingness to travel a plus
- Must be able to carry 55 lbs.
- Works well with others (both children and adults)
- Ability to work well in fast-paced environment; organized and detail-oriented; able to multi-task
Our teams enjoy :
- EVENINGS, WEEKENDS and SUMMERS OFF!
- Working a school day schedule (about 6-7 hours); 8:00 a.m. � 3:00 p.m. on average
Smile Programs is the nation's leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile Programs provides preventative and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile Programs affiliates with state licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school or in a self-contained mobile dental facility on site at the school. If portable equipment is used, classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, obtained through years of experience bringing mobile dental care to schools, as well as through our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Smile Programs is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children across the country, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today's underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile Programs.
Smile Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.