| Registered Nurse 3 (E S WSNA) |
Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Ranked among the nation’s top ten hospitals by US News and World Report, UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
Regional Heart Center, has an outstanding opportunity for a UWMC nurse to assume the role of RN3 (Assistant Nurse Manager). This individual will share in the responsibility for leadership functions for this unit including staff evaluations, scheduling, orientation and educational programs, and quality improvement activities
Functions as a competent Registered Nurse to provide safe and therapeutic care and coordination of services throughout the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
1. Systematically applies the nursing process.
2. Manages patient care through appropriate delegation, supervision, and resource management, including efficient use of own time.
3. Ability to formulate, coordinate and revise a comprehensive individualized plan of care which includes the patient and family.
4. Formulates, implements, and documents a teaching plan including the patient and family.
5. Prioritizes patient care based on the urgency of patient needs, patient acuity, preference, and available resources.
6. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
7. Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff.
8. Demonstrates effective communication with the charge nurse, NM, co-workers, physicians and all members of the interdisciplinary team.
9. Demonstrates proper identification and reporting of actual and potential errors.
10. Documentation reflects the nursing process and meets departmental and organizational standards.
11. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and functional in stressful situations.
12. Recognizes, responds to and manages emergency situations according to standards.
13. Precepts newly hired nurses and orients new personnel to the department as needed.
14. Functions in the charge nurse role if needed.
15. Complies with specific UWMC policies for infection control.
16. Promotes effective communication among staff and patients to assure optimal patient outcomes and positive service area environment.
17. Assists with planning or implementation of educational programs for staff and/or patients.
18. Coordinates an orientation program for new staff.
19. Provides feedback and guidance to staff; observes and reviews staff performance.
20. Identifies the individual capabilities of staff; provides counseling, instruction, or additional experience as needed; and consults with the Manager if further action is indicated.
21. Involves staff in monitoring resource use to promote efficient and effective care delivery.
22. Coordinates scheduling process.
23. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Current license AND two years of professional nursing experience OR
equivalent education/experience. BSN Required.
Legal Requirement: Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Washington.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.