The Admissions RN will provide support, including information, reassurance, comfort and/or admission to the hospice program, to everyone who contacts Arbor Hospice within the maximum stated turnaround time of four (4) hours. Must have the ability to serve the entire service area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities of the Admissions Nurse include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides exceptional customer service to all constituents of Arbor Hospice.
- Conducts initial clinical assessment and completes admission to Arbor Hospice.
- Effectively communicates with referral sources, physicians and other team members to include satisfactory resolution of complaints and concerns.
- Works with other social service agencies and resources to provide appropriate/accurate information/referrals to patients and families.
- Utilizes clinical information system to document patient information.
- Provides back-up support in all areas of the Access Center.
- Maintains proficiency and hands on knowledge in all areas of the department.
- Expert knowledge in hospice insurance coverage.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current licensure in State of Michigan and maintain such licensure in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and perform within the scope specified; CPR certification.
- One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting. One (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in home care and/or one (1) year of hospice care experience preferred..
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift up to 50 pounds in order to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with patients, family members, discharge planners, physicians and nurses.
- Ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Exceptional clinical nursing assessment skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with organization requirements and is in good working order, if assigned to patients in community home environment.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Organization personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, organization personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs