Registered Nurse Ambulatory AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Collects essential patient data, documents accurately in Cerner, assesses and reassess the patient’s status prior to planned invasive or noninvasive procedures.
- Reviews all pre-operative labs, and essential patient specific information in a timely manner and communicates findings to appropriate personnel.
- Follows physician orders and performs unit specific nursing skills such as IV starts as ordered.
- Demonstrates clinical competence specific to patient assessment and reassessment.
- Communicates with medical staff, and all indicated ancillary services to assure an appropriate continuum of patient care.
- Assess patients immediately upon return to the unit for phase II recovery and per unit protocols.
- Provides patients and families with post-operative/procedural educational information and discharge instructions. Promotes patient and family education specific to identified needs.
- Discharges patients from ASU following established discharge criteria.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of Associates in Science or Diploma degree in nursing.
- Current FL Registered Nurse.
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS Required.
The RN-Ambulatory Surgery requires strong assessment and reassessment skills specific to the development of a patient specific plan of nursing care for patients being prepared preoperatively for operative and invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Strong communication skills are essential as are skills specific to the management of IV access. In addition, critical thinking skills are necessary to manage patient care during Phase II recovery immediately prior to patient discharge. Responsible to adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance plan, and to all regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.