Registered Nurse ARRMC (Intermediate Care Unit)
RN Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) Position Overview
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE $5000-$7000 for eligible new hires
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center's Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) has 13-beds which operate 24 hours per day. All rooms are private and are equipped with cameras to assist with direct patient visualization. This unit cares for a variety of patients, including those who are suffering from serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, electrolyte imbalances, renal failure, liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, sepsis, respiratory distress or multi-system organ failure. Surgical patients include fresh lungs and CEAs.
Staffing in the IMCU is 1:3 and 1:2. There is one MT, one CNA, and a Charge Nurse without patients each shift. The IMCU Staff practice a supportive, team approach to patient care on their unit.
As an IMCU RN at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Collaborate with fellow members of the critical care team including RT, PT, OT, Pharmacy, Surgeons and Hospitalists
· Care for patients with arterial lines, epidurals and PCAs
· Care for patients on heparin, insulin, or cardizem drips
· Care for stable, trached and ventilated patients
· Associates Degree in Nursing or above
· One year Med Surg experience preferred
· Basic arrhythmia proficiency preferred
· Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing required
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified through the AHA required upon start
· PCCN certification preferred
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is one of the top 15 health systems in the nation and the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We are locally owned and based in beautiful Southern Oregon. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.