Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Health Insurance Coverage
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Responsible for the Marketing/Business Development of the Cancer Institute
- Understands Cancer Institute Navigation Pathway business model. Explores and reaches out to community physician practices/groups, build relationships to engage those practices/groups in the Pathway Program, thus growing disease specific inpatient and outpatient market share.
- Engage and enroll HCP physicians in the Navigation Pathway Program. Market and promote Cancer Navigation Pathway Program to community and outreach programs.
- Researches and develop tools and strategies to market the Pathway Program to area physicians.
- Visits physician offices regularly. Handle physician/physician office issues in a timely manner. Initiate Physician communications as needed.
- Assures physician satisfaction with services and presents to the director(s) and concerns to be reviewed on an ongoing basis and report to Director on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for programmatic development in collaboration with Cancer Institute Director in establishing, implementing and evaluating goals related to growth, volume, clinical outcomes and revenue.
- Facilitate the navigation of patients with cancer, as the single point of contact, through the pathway program. Ensure efficient and coordinated services through the screening, diagnosis, treatment and support/educational services. Analyze, trouble shoot and make recommendations for ways of improving services and areas that may have problems.
- Establish and maintain positive open communication (verbal and written) and relationships with; referring physicians, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists and medical oncologist to provide quality care to patients with lung health concerns. Ensures communication with referral physician happens through each stage of the patients treatment, without fail.
- Facilitates patient continuity of care between hospital departments and provides patient follow-up for laboratory, radiology and pathology procedures. Timely identification and resolution of issues are handled effectively and in a timely manner; as it relates to the delivery of patient health care and physician relation
- Driver’s license required
- Florida RN license required
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Current certificate in Oncology nursing preferred
- Minimum of five years Oncology and/or radiation clinical experience mandatory
Under the direction of the Director of the Cancer Institute, and in collaboration with the disease specific Physician Program Director; Cancer Care Navigator is responsible for the full continuum of cancer patients from screening to detection, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship follow up. The overall goal is to ensure cancer patients are effectively and efficiently navigated through the health care system receiving appropriate physician, support and educational services through their journey. Responsible for establishing, building and maintaining strategic relationships between our community physicians and their office staff. Responsible for promoting, educating and marketing Florida Hospital Memorial Cancer Institute Care Navigation Program to HCP physician, community physicians and their office staff.