Registered Nurse Cardiac Step Down Unit AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Blvd, Zephyrhills, FL 33541
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Zephyrhills:
- AdventHealth Zephyrhills Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
What You Will Need:
- Current Florida state Registered Nurse licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- American Heart Association BLS certification
- American Heart Association ACLS certification
- NIHSS stroke certification within 30 days of hire
The Clinical Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for coordinating the efforts of the multidisciplinary treatment team for the patients under his/her care. The RN is accountable for administering, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the nursing process in the provision of care; and will strive to maintain and improve patient outcomes. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice. S/he critically evaluates evidence for application to clinical practice in his / her area of practice.