The Registered Staff Nurse prescribes, delegates, and coordinates nursing care and other services rendered on the nursing unit. Care is given in accordance with established standards and protocols, policies and procedures, and is consistent with applicable Federal and State regulations and professional ethics.
Nursing care is accomplished through:
- The Nursing Process
- Performance of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
- Completion of Medical Orders and
- Collaboration with other health team members and the patient, family, and / or significant others.
Care is delegated as appropriate and is provided by prioritizing within the constraints of available resources.
All RN staff nurses are responsible for a core set of competencies which can be applied in any nursing area and are oriented fully in areas where they are expected to function independently.
RN staff is expected to demonstrate authority, responsibility, and accountability for their individual nursing practice in addition to utilizing educational opportunities for professional growth.
Must perform other duties as requested or assigned. Is expected to work varying hours, holidays, and weekends.
- BSN preferred but not required
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION / REGISTRATION:
- Current Kansas RN license or ability to obtain licensure, per Kansas State Board of Nursing regulations.
- BLS- Satisfactory course completion with current card or ability to complete within 3 months or at the next available course offered by NMRMC. Not required if ACLS certified.
- Previous experience preferred, but not required.
- Computer experience preferred or ability to learn computer operation.