Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Health Insurance Coverage
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Under the direction of the Education Department Manager, performs duties as designated in compliance with established FHMMC and AdventHealth mission, policies and procedures. Consults with Education Department Manager, inpatient Managers and Directors as needed.
- Develops and coordinates programs for healthcare staff within FHMMC and is responsible for coordinating a cost-effective orientation program for nursing personnel.
- Responsibilities include facilitating, coordinating, and evaluating education programs in designated area of specialty, including Continuing Education programs in areas such as Nursing, Radiology, Respiratory, and Lab. Continuing Education Units are provided for these courses in adherence with the Board requirements for each stated discipline.
- Develops, coordinates, and evaluates educational programs and learning experiences relative to but not limited to new equipment, medications, changes in policies and procedures, advances in clinical practice, corporate compliance, HIPAA, and any other pertinent topics. Programs are publicized through the Education Department Newsletter, Education Calendar, E-Mail, Personal invitations, Net-Learning software, and signs in designated areas.
- Regularly works with Managers and Directors in multiple hospital areas to facilitate staff competency. Assistance is noted through providing AHA BLS training classes, ACLS Simulator, coordination of Annual Nursing Skills Fair, Review and Revision of Clinical Services policies and procedures, and competency assessment training.
- Identifies and prioritizes learning needs of all levels of staff. Needs are assessed using Annual Needs Assessment Surveys, PI studies, Organization vision, aggregated data, identified problems, regulatory agency requirements, and recommendations from Medical or Nursing staff.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following Annual Education Specialty Areas/Programs:
- Nursing recruitment: Works with department Managers/Directors to evaluate staffing needs and pro-actively coordinate recruitment activities to obtain qualified employees. Assist with record keeping and analysis of hiring activities in relation to Education Department functions. Coordinates attendance as appropriate. Collaborates with Administration, Management, and the Education Department to develop programs to enhance recruitment and retention.
- Nursing Internships: Assists with coordinating clinically based lectures for each course offering a minimum of twice a year. Provides advanced personal training utilizing the Education Simulation room, as needed. Communicates with nursing directors, managers and nursing preceptors, as needed, to discuss orientee progress, problem solving strategies, and adjustment of the preceptor process, as needed.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in area of clinical specialty.
- BS degree preferred in Nursing with equivalent experience in that specialty considered.
- Clinical Experience required in area of specialty.
- Education or presentation experience of six months.
- ACLS certification depending upon area of specialty.
- American Heart Association BLS certification
Develops and coordinates programs for healthcare staff in compliance with the various State of Florida healthcare professional boards as well as the FHMMC and AdventHealth mission, policies and procedures. Performs duties as assigned by Department Manage