- $10,000 Sign on Bonus available
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
- State of the art unit with “Pod” Structure
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
- Full Time, Days
- Demonstrates critical thinking and evidence based nursing care and practice.
- Contributes to the day-to-day clinical operations management of assigned specialty, including monitoring of surgical work flow.
- Collaboratively works with Charge Nurse and Nurse Manager on the Operating Room annual budget and provides input and feedback related to specialty area. Responsible for adherence to approved budget benchmark.
- Functions as a Patient Safety Advocate.
- Collaborates with staff, and intra-disciplinary surgical team members as needed to facilitate and optimize patient and family education pre-, intra-, and postoperatively within the framework of AORN Perioperative Nursing Data Set, standards and recommended practices.
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support.
- Two years surgery experience in multi-disciplined OR in an acute care hospital setting.
- One year progressive clinical, educational, and leadership roles in a specialty service line.
- Five years CVOR (Cardiovascular Operating Room) experience as scrub, circulator or Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) for CVOR/Vascular Service Line Coordinator position.
Readiness and flow of all cases for the particular Surgical Service is managed by the Surgical Specialty Coordinator who is also responsible for coordination of direct and indirect preoperative patient care to the patient undergoing operative and/or an invasive procedure.
The Surgical Specialty Coordinator is responsible for availability of supplies/equipment for procedures in their specialty, identification of new technology, equipment, and / or instrumentation, protocols and techniques related to provision of quality patient care, collaboration with, and supervision of the patient care team for the particular Surgical Service, maintain positive physician relations, education and training of staff in specialty area.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.