"Registered Nurse Critical Care Full Time Days" AdventHealth SC Connerton
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
- Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
- Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
- Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
- Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
- Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers – in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- Graduate of a school of Nursing.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- Skills required to work in critical care area as defined by unit.
- one or more year (s) of experience in critical care
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- PALS, NRP as defined by unit competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Experience in a specialty area(s).
- Conduct themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times.
- Demonstrate patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior.
- Take responsibility for decisions, actions and results and deliver on commitments.
- Practice financial responsibility.
- Cooperate and collaborate with team members and others.
- Comply with the Employee Code of Conduct and all other Hospital Institutional Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrate compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
- Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
- Promote evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.