|Delivers Advanced Professional and technical nursing care to adult and geriatric patients with real or potential life threatening illness, in support of and in collaboration with care directed by the medical staff. Nursing care delivered complies with the objectives and policies of the hospital. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age /developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient. Participates in performance improvement to maintain provision of quality care. Prepares equipment and assists physician during treatments and examinations of patients. Assists in planning, supervising, and instructing secretaries, and Nursing Assistants thereby providing care to a number of patients. Incorporates critical thinking skills into patient care. Makes comprehensive nursing decisions based on the interpretation of facts and evaluations of patient outcome; modifies the plan of care based upon the evaluations. Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude. Provides excellent customer service. This Position requires considerable walking, standing, moderate lifting, exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in another patient care unit as assigned by department head or nursing supervisor.|
|• Must meet clinical competency standards specific to CVICU |
• Excellent physical assessment skills
• Previous Critical Care experience
• Good knowledge of EKG interpretation and interventions
• Previous CVICU experience or Successful completion and certificate of CVICU Course preferred
• Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to assess/detect changes in human physiological condition
• Ability to perform effectively in fast paced, stressful environment
• Ability to respond quickly and accurately to changes in patient condition.
• Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
• Basic computer knowledge
• Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
|Required:Holds a current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure|
• Holds a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association
• Holds a current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.