Castle Senior Living is looking to hire an experienced and passionate Director of Nurse for our CBRF 8-bed locations. Castle strives to create the most satisfying living experience for the residents we serve and to be the most respected senior living company to work for by going above and beyond in any way possible.
Our ideal candidate will oversee the nursing services provided to the residents of our new facility, ensuring they're in accordance with company policies and state regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete a new resident interview, data collection and move-in paperwork for admission (comprehensive medical provider report)
- Complete an individual service plan (ISP) within 30 days of admission and annually thereafter (or with a change in condition)
- Conduct daily check-ins with residents; identify ongoing needs to maintain health and wellness
- Conduct wellness visits with residents' families to ensure that all residents' medical needs are met
- Track physician appointments and contact physicians as needed, acting as a liaison for all resident health services; document orders in residents' charts
- Ensure that staff review new residents' needs prior to move-in, including any special dietary requirements
- Review the daily notes each morning in ECP; report any incidents or concerns to supervisor
- Monitor all infections and accidents/incidents; ensure compliance with all infection control policies
- Monitor medication program including audits of records and procedures and staff training on proper procedures for medication passing
- Monitor residents' medication schedules and maintain an adequate supply of each medication (check in medication orders)
- Communicate any medication and/or treatment changes to caregivers/CNAs
- On a quarterly basis, review psychotropic medication needs
- Process MAR's and document summary notes on a monthly basis for each resident
- Conduct ISP meetings with appropriate teams; adjust if needed based on change in condition
- Work with caregivers/CNAs to regularly assess skills and make recommendations for training opportunities
- Assist with OSHA compliance requirements for all employees
- Develop working knowledge of all federal, state and company regulations, policies and procedures; ensure compliance
- Conduct tours and take inquiries as needed
- Nurse delegation and TB testing as needed for new hires
Education / Qualifications: Degree from an accredited school of nursing; valid and current nursing license in the state of Wisconsin in good standing. One year of nursing experience working with seniors; experience within an assisted living, memory care or other long-term care environment preferred. Managerial experience preferred Must be willing to work Monday - Friday business hours; and nights, weekends, holiday rotations, and on-call rotations as needed. Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to connect with residents, families, and associates Strong customer service orientation to older adults; exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude. Ability to make responsible choices and decisions that are in residents' best interest. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be proficient in Microsoft; ECP software experience a plus. Ability to problem-solve and communicate complex issues; ability to work collaboratively with all co-workers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, arrest or conviction record or handicap, genetic or military status.We are committed to promoting a workplace of diversity and inclusion.