Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers – in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
Assessment: Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health/situation and unit specific data for process improvement initiatives including: initial patient assessment within expected timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from database collection, identifies patient/family teaching and discharge planning needs.
Diagnosis: Analyzes the assessment data to determine expected outcomes and plan of care.
Outcomes Identification: Identifies expected outcomes for the plan of care individualized to the patient or situation and for unit specific PI outcomes. Participation in identification of unit specific PI outcomes.
Planning: The patient’s plan of care is developed, individualized and prioritized daily in collaboration with the patient, family and health team members that is sensitive to the patient’s cultural and spiritual needs and to attain expected outcomes.
Implementation: Implements the identified plans for patients and unit specific process improvement with appropriate nursing interventions and physicians orders in an accurate, timely manner and documents intervention according to hospital policy. Documentation meets criteria for core measure, charges, PI improvement, and all quality/regulatory standards as measured by chart audits. Coordinates implementation of the plan of care through leadership and delegation appropriate to skill level including but not limited to: LPNs, NTs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries, RTs, PTs. Educates patient/family based on assessed learning needs.
Evaluation: Evaluates progress toward attainment of expected patient outcomes and unit specific process improvement outcomes daily with patient, family and health team members.
- Maintains safe practice by demonstrating unit specific clinical competency and demonstrating compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Ensures safe and effective handoff communications and documentation of such between care givers.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the administration of medications.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to pain management by alleviating and reducing pain to level acceptable to patient.
- Integrates ethical decision making into daily nursing practice.
- Integrates research findings and Evidence Based Practice into practice.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills appropriate to level of experience.
- Integrates population specific standards when planning care
- Graduate of a school of Nursing
- Current Florida RN license
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (preferred)
- Experience in specialty area (preferred)
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): “Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
- The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
- The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
- The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.”
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.