Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- AdventHealth Tampa Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers – in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) BLS, ACLS, NIHSS and PALS certifications.
- Skills required to work in critical care area as defined by unit.
- Graduate of a school of Nursing.
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. (Preferred)
- Experience in a specialty area(s) (Preferred)
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): “Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
- The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
- The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
- The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.”