Registered Nurse Emergency Department Full Time Days **$10,000 Sign on Bonus** AdventHealth Heartland
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Nights
The performance of this position requires substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which include, but not limited to:
1. Performs assessments and determines the total nursing needs of assigned patients.
- Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
- Assesses patient/family needs in relation to presenting problem, care needs, physical condition and learning needs.
- Performs head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
- Identifies problems and or/or nursing diagnosis and plans for nursing interventions.
- Anticipates patient care problems and initiates corrective actions.
- Recognizes abnormal diagnostic laboratory data, drug levels, blood gas values, and radiologic data and knows the significance of each.
- Recognizes the patient’s and family’s perception of hospitalization and health status.
- Identifies the patient’s learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet them including the family in the process. Educates patient/families regarding new medications including effects and potential side effects.
- Formulates a goal directed plan of care and develops appropriate nursing diagnosis based on needs specific to the standard of care and updates according to policy.
- Implements appropriate diagnosis specific interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC).
- Coordinates patient care to assure diagnosis specific quality measures are met.
- Accurately performs nursing actions to achieve patient care goals.
- Establishes priorities of patient care based on the needs of the patient.
- Implements a comprehensive patient care plan that includes baseline admission data, plans for treatment plans and goals for discharge.
- Implements specific interventions, treatments, and medications as defined in the plan of care and documents outcomes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and takes appropriate actions.
- Consistently uses tools available in the electronic medical record (EMR) to ensure patient safety and to optimize patient care:
- Performs real-time documentation
- Reviews task list at least every two hours. Initiates and signs off physician orders promptly.
- Initiates diagnosis specific IPOCs and updates at least once per shift or change in patient condition.
- Performs bedside report using the Care Compass feature in the EMR at each hand-off report.
- Complies with national patient safety standards regarding patient identification prior to treatments and medication administration.
- Accurately administers all medications in a safe manner displaying competence in the use of an automated dispensing machine and mPPID technology where applicable.
- Accurately and safely performs and supervises the care of patients requiring complex interventions.
- Maintains aseptic technique, demonstrating knowledge of infection control practices.
- Accurately sets up, maintains, monitors and supervises use of IV pump, PCA pump, and epidural pump.
- Maintains a safe environment within the hospital for patients and families. Performs rounding according to the departmental plan on assigned patients to ensure control of pain, patient positioning, toileting and convenient placement of supplies and equipment.
- Incorporates new procedures and philosophies into one’s work performance.
4. Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care and treatments administered.
- Conducts and/or participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences.
- Coordinates the activities of the interdisciplinary team.
- Confirms patient’s understanding of care and treatments received.
5. Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
- Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations, and other external/internal forces.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the risk report mechanisms.
- Maintains current clinical, technical, professional competencies, certifications and licensure requirements.
- Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled staff meetings annually.
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services
- Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
- Handles emergencies, staffing shortages, shift rotations and floating assignments professionally.
- Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of health care by using supplies and equipment in a responsible manner.
- Maintains equipment in its proper working condition, identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews current literature and other available resources.
- Seeks and accept constructive criticism and implement actions designed for self-improvement
- Shows self-direction and leadership by functioning without the need for close supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Florida RN License
- BLS – condition of employment
- ACLS within 12 months of employment or transfer
- PALS within 12 months of employment or transfer
- NRP within 12 months of employment or transfer for Lake Placid & Wauchula campuses
- CPI within 12 months of employment or transfer
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination of patient care using a multidisciplinary approach to the Nursing process in accordance with the Hospital's Mission, physician and patient expectations. These duties will be performed in an acceptable manner according to the hospitals