Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS Health, and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values.
- Graduate of a State Board accredited School of Nursing or equivalent; BSN preferred
- Six (6) months experience preferred
- Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas
- CPR -- within two (2) weeks of employment
- Medication Competence -- within two (2) weeks of employment
- Computer Competence- within four (4) weeks of employment
- Medication Examination -- within twelve (12) weeks of employment
- Basic Dysrhythmia (if applicable) -- within twelve (12) weeks of employment
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Jasper Memorial family!