**Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a full-time, day or night shift Registered Nurse on the Psychiatry Unit**
This position is 3 x 12 hour shifts
The in-patient adult psychiatric unit is a 41 bed unit comprised of three wings:
- 14 bed mood unit
- 15 bed acute psychiatric unit
- 12 bed psychiatric medical unit
The in-patient adult psychiatric unit is located at Inova Fairfax Hospital, named the #1 Hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Report's annual hospital rankings. Our inpatient units provide our clients with safety, structure, and stabilization provided by our inter-disciplinary team. Therapeutic group activities, including creative art therapy, are held throughout the day. The average nurse to patient ratio is 6:1.
The Psychiatric RN:
- Performs biopsychosocial assessments on patients
- Provides medications and treatments to patients
- Serves as a resource for patients and families regarding medical questions
- Develops plan of care
- Works with the interdisciplinary team to assist adult patient to meet treatment goals
- Reports to the Director of Psychiatry
The Inova Registered Nurse:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving. IND7 #LI-MN1
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
- Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines