Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- $15,000.00 Sign on Bonus, $3000.00 relocation incentive
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
- Maintains thorough and complete record of each patient’s procedure according to established standard of care and documents in electronic medical record.
- Knows the laws and their legal interpretation which influences the practice of nursing.
- Makes sound judgments in referring situations beyond his/her ability and/or scope of function to the proper person.
- Participates in the in-service education programs by: attending in-service education meetings, participating in the orientation and continuous on the mob training experience of nursing personnel, participating in OR department education programs, and evaluating own performance and striving to improve. Also precepts new students/nurses as needed.
- Functions in the peri-operative nursing practice as both a FA, scrub and circulating nurse.
- Maintains knowledgeable of surgical anatomy, physiology and operative technique related to the operative procedures in which the RN assists.
- Uses proper procedure in the tissue handling, providing exposure in the operative field, use of instrumentation, suturing, and provision of hemostasis.
- Responds to code situation within the department
- Participates in hospital/community functions as needed.
- Floats to other surgical service units as patient/census needs require. Reviews policies and procedures as they relate to nursing functions in Operating Room and recommends those changes.
- Current Florida RN license required.
- Documented completion of RNFA program (exception: CRNFA certified prior to 1998).
- BLS and ACLS Required
- Perioperative Nursing
This specifically trained nurse assists the surgeon in performing surgical procedures. Responsibilities include the planning, administering and/or supervising the nursing activities on the operative patient. Maintains a safe and aseptic environment during surgery. Responsible to adhere to the Adventist Health System Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
In addition, the RN first assistant at surgery collaborates with the surgeon in performing a safe operating with optimal outcome for the patient. The RNFA practices peri-operative nursing and must have acquired the necessary specific knowledge, skills and judgment. The RNFA practices under the supervision of the surgeon during the intra-operative phase of the peri-operative experience. The RNFA does not concurrently function as a scrub nurse. The RN First Assistant may be scheduled to function in the scrub or circulating role when not assigned to FA duties.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.