Registered Nurse First Assist AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus, $3,000.00 relocation incentive
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes his/her knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective nursing care.
- Carries out those activities delegated by the physician which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures.
- Knows available supplies and equipment and their use within the OR suite. Uses, time, effort and materials economically.
- Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposition according to hospital/lab policy.
- Prepares and maintains sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment. Assists with cleaning of rooms, restocking and updating supplies.
What You Will Need:
- Documented completion of RNFA program (exception: CRNFA certified prior to 1998).
- One to two years of general nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Current Florida RN license required.
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS
This specifically trained nurse assists the surgeon in performing surgical procedures. Responsibilities include the planning, administering and/or supervising the nursing activities on the operative patient. Maintains a safe and aseptic environment during surgery. Responsible to adhere to the Adventist Health System Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
In addition, the RN first assistant at surgery collaborates with the surgeon in performing a safe operating with optimal outcome for the patient. The RNFA practices peri-operative nursing and must have acquired the necessary specific knowledge, skills and judgment. The RNFA practices under the supervision of the surgeon during the intra-operative phase of the peri-operative experience. The RNFA does not concurrently function as a scrub nurse. The RN First Assistant may be scheduled to function in the scrub or circulating role when not assigned to FA duties.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.