Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Utilizes his/her knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective nursing care.
- Carries out those activities delegated by the physician which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures.
- Knows available supplies and equipment and their use within the OR suite. Uses, time, effort and materials economically.
- Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposition according to hospital/lab policy.
- Prepares and maintains sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment. Assists with cleaning of rooms, restocking and updating supplies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to consistently demonstrate clear communication skills and strong anticipatory skills
- Manual dexterity, lifting, pulling, pushing of equipment, heavy instrument sets and patients required
- Assembly of complex mechanical devices, knowledge of a broad spectrum of surgical instrumentation
- Enhanced knowledge of a wide breath of surgical procedures, human anatomy and surgical techniques
- Multi-tasking, organization and ability to make sound judgment
- The ability to work under stressful circumstances
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Documented completion of RNFA program (exception: CRNFA certified prior to 1998).
- One to two years of general nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience with wound closure techniques
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current Florida RN license
- BLS certification
- ACLS certification
This specialty trained nurse assists the surgeon in performing surgical procedures. Responsibilities include the planning, administering and/or supervising the nursing activities on the operative patient. Maintains a safe and aseptic environment during surgery.
In addition, the RN First Assistant collaborates with the surgeon while performing a safe operation with optimal outcome for the patient. The RNFA practices peri-operative nursing and must have acquired the necessary specific knowledge, skills and judgment. The RNFA practices under the supervision of the surgeon during the intra-operative phase of the peri-operative experience. The RNFA does not concurrently function as a scrub nurse. The RN First Assistant may be scheduled to function in the scrub or circulating role when not assigned to FA duties.