Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) Labor and Delivery AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- AdventHealth Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Accepts responsibility by initiating the incident reporting mechanisms when indicated.
- Adheres strictly to RNFA Intra-operative protocols.
- Adheres to AORN recommendations and practices standards.
- Adheres to guidelines and privileges/credentials for RNFA and functions within those guidelines.
- Adheres to job description for operating room RN. (See job description)
- Assists with pre-and postoperative assessment of the patient.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees.
- Assume unit responsibility when delegated to do so by the nursing manager or director.
- Assures appropriate traffic control in the Operating Room.
- Assures patients right for privacy, safety and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs surgical counts per policy.
- Prepares Operating Room set up.
- Promotes and contributes positively to intra and interdepartmental relations.
- Recognize abnormal diagnostic laboratory data, blood gas values, radiologic data and know the implied significance of each.
- Recognizes emergency situations and reacts efficiently and appropriately.
- Previous RNFA experience (Preferred)
- One year of previous Operating Room experience (Preferred)
- Diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited RN Surgical Assistant program at a college or university.
- Current License as Registered
- Completion of an approved RNFA program
- CNOR Certification
- Certification as an RNFA (Preferred)
Performs specialized nursing care in all phases of the peri-operative role. In the absence of a qualified physician the registered nurse who possesses appropriate knowledge and technical skills serves as first assistant for surgical procedures.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.