- Framingham, MA 01702
- Job Type
- Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /hour
JRI Health is looking for a Harm Reduction Registered Nurse at RISE, located in Framingham, Massachusetts. JRI is a leader in social justice and one of the largest non-profit human service agencies in New England with over 100+ diverse programs and services. We pride ourselves on recruiting the best and the brightest.
What We Need:
· An individual committed to social justice mission and principles of cultural responsiveness, harm reduction, and trauma-informed care. Demonstrated cultural responsiveness and ability to work with diverse populations within Black, Latinx, LGBTQ+ cultures and cultures of people who use drugs (PWUD). Identifying and linking high-risk individuals to program services. Priority populations include people who use drugs, sex workers, people who live with HIV/AIDS and /or Hepatitis C, and young adults of childbearing age.
· Providing wound care and communicating client needs to medical provider. Offering referrals to medical care, drug treatment and social services. Conducting HIV/HCV/STI counseling and testing. Providing treatment for STIs and enrolling participants on PrEP and nPEP as appropriate. Providing vaccines for Hepatitis A, B, influenza, SARS-CoV-2 (when available) and screening for TB.
· Ensuring services are trauma-informed, based on harm reduction models and culturally responsive to produce positive outcomes for clients. Conducting harm reduction interventions with people who use drugs. Promoting accessibility and availability of buprenorphine/naloxone. Conducting overdose aftercare and prevention, safer injection counseling, crisis intervention, and relapse prevention.
· Completing comprehensive needs assessments and action plans to obtain information to provide interventions required to promote progress towards recovery.
· Collect and enter data into Electronic Health Record (EHR)
· Participate in training, treatment updates and program development activities.
· Adhere to all JRI and JRI Health policies and procedures.
Under the direction of the Nurse Practitioner and the Medical Director at Program RISE, this individual will provide medical services to at risk adolescents and adults; to people experiencing homelessness; and to people who use drugs. The candidate must be Interested in homelessness, LGLBTQ+ health, HIV, substance use andeducation, and STI’s. Experience delivering services within a harm reduction framing including concepts such as Stages of Change and Motivational interviewing skills. Possess a strong background and interest in substance use and addiction. This 40-hour position is based in Framingham and will also provide services at outreach sites in Metrowest.
RISE is a division of JRI Health that provides services to people in the Metro West area, Framingham. Our services include free confidential HIV counseling, testing and referrals, STI and Hepatitis testing, HIV Case Management, Housing Search & Advocacy, Peer Support Services, LGBT services, Overdose Prevention and Education, Needle Exchange, community education programs on HIV, STIs, viral Hepatitis, harm reduction, and LGBTQ cultural competency. We believe that all people –of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, education levels, ages, languages, religions, and geographic locations – should have the opportunity to live healthy lives.
What You Have:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse.
· 1+ year experience working with substance users.
· Knowledge of HIV/STD's and HCV, harm reduction, mental health and/or community resources.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· Must have a valid unrestricted nurse license.
- Strong knowledge of harm reduction, syringe services, naloxone, and opioid overdose prevention strategies or willing to learn.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Two years of experience counseling or health education.
- Cultural sensitivity and knowledge of diverse active user population, including Black, Hispanic, LGBTQ+ and communities of different cultures.
- Willing to learn phlebotomy.
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation required.
- Self-directed, motivated and flexible with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
What You Get:
· To positively make a difference in the lives of others;
· To join a team that is diverse, supportive, and fun;
· Opportunities for training, professional development, and advancement;
· Generous PTO starting within the first year;
· Tuition reimbursement – up to $4,000 per year;
· Over 76% covered health insurance and if you are covered by another non-state/ government sponsored health plan and decline health coverage you receive an additional $73.84 per bi-weekly pay period;
· 100% dental insurance;
· 401K – JRI matches employee contributions up to $800/calendar year;
· Pension (vested after 5 years).
Be who you are! JRI is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for our employees and the people we serve. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 30+ days ago