Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to work within our Family Health Center at our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Provide care coordination services for patients with complex health care needs while effectively utilizing health center and community resources to communicate with the patient’s primary care provider, behavioral care provider, specialty care providers, hospitals, emergency departments, psychiatry providers, or other medical/behavioral providers working with the patient as well as families, referral sources, schools, and/or other professionals, with periodic guidance and oversight.
- Develop plan of care according to Nursing Process components and provider orders to sustain and support patients during diagnosis, treatment, and management according to evidence based care guidelines.
- Ensure patients receive continuity of care in a professional and respectful environment by providing direct support to providers including patient history, illness status, current medications, and other clinical information as necessary.
- Work with patients both in person and telephonically managing plan of care, upcoming appointments, and goal progress/attainment to support patients and team members by assisting in patient care.
- Provide direct precepting of Illinois State University/Mennonite College of Nursing students for primary care and care coordination nursing functions.
- Participate in CAUSE program development activities to improve services to patients and community including professional audit requirements and data collection.
- Support thorough knowledge of the expanding role of nursing to implement the following Care Coordination Transition Management competencies.
- As directed, may be responsible for fulfilling but is not limited to the following clinical functions:
- Carry out the health care plan designed by the Chestnut Family Health Center provider.
- Administer treatments and/or medication prescribed by Chestnut Family Health Center provider.
- Interview clients for the purpose of gathering health history.
- Administer and evaluate medical tests as appropriate (i.e., TB tests).
- Provide limited physical assessment for the purpose of screening acute problems as requested by and under the supervision of the Chestnut Family Health Center provider.
- Provide health teaching for patients and their families.
- Provide quality health care treatment in areas approved by the Chestnut Family Health Center provider.
- Ensure compliance with HRSA, Joint Commission, Vaccines for Children, Medicaid, Medicare regulations and expectations.
- Participate in all Chestnut Family Health Center required staff development activities and QI initiatives, including necessary trainings, supervision, and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with Chestnut Family Health Center personnel, volunteers, and outside agencies; operating professionally within a multi-disciplinary team setting which includes consist modeling of the Mission, Vision, Values and Recovery Values of Chestnut Health Systems.
- Function as a team member by providing RN support and back-up to nursing staff as necessary.
- Provide clinical guidance to less experienced staff/interns.
- Maintain training/certification required by state and federal regulations.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in Illinois and five (5) years’ post license experience.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in the training and oversight of student nurses.
- Must be certified in CPR and maintain certification or become certified within 90 days of hire.
- Must have experience working in a busy ambulatory setting; with medically underserved patients; within care coordination role as well as direct care provision.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Must perform efficiently and effectively within an integrated primary care and behavioral health, ambulatory setting; utilizing the nursing process in care coordination and direct patient care.
- Must build and maintain effective, positive working relationships with patients, referral sources, staff, vendors and the public.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Adherence to organization stated program policies and procedures and documentation protocols a must.
- Basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR) and the ability to competently perform a variety of common medical and medical office procedures are required.
- Must be self-directed and able to provide services outlined in duties and responsibilities.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled