Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for our Family Health Center located in Bloomington, IL.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Carry out the health care plan designed by the practitioners.
- Administer treatments and/or medication prescribed by practitioners.
- Interview clients for the purpose of gathering health history.
- Administer and evaluate medical tests as appropriate (i.e., CLIA waived tests including but not limited to pregnancy, urine screening, rapid influenza, rapid strep, TB tests, etc.).
- Provide health teaching for patients and their families from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required paperwork, according to all funder requirements and in a timely manner, including but not limited to, progress notes, opening paperwork, mental health assessments, treatment plans, applications for patient assistance programs, medication side-effect sheets, all medical/nursing forms and incident reports related to injuries or other unusual, adverse incidents.
- Review medical records to ensure all prescriber and patient signatures are obtained as required.
- Assess patients for acute physical issues, providing first aid as indicated, and review physical health screenings when requested, making referrals or coordinating physician reviews when indicated. Report any significant changes in the consumer’s physical status.
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other healthcare providers, pharmacies and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness, using trauma-informed care by assisting consumers with requiring control over their own lives through self-directed recovery.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and the community to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Function as a team member, attend meetings and patient staffing, participate in program development activities and provide support and back-up to other team members as necessary.
- Provide support and guidance to patients in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- Conduct all of the above functions in the treatment modality and location most appropriate to the provision of quality and continuity of care.
- Maintain an inventory of all pharmaceutical and medical supplies.
- Facilitate health education groups.
- Develop a working knowledge of HIPAA, the Mental Health Code and Confidentiality Act and its application to patient services.
- Assume a leadership role, when assigned, by acting as a peer leader and delegating tasks to LPNs and Medical Assistants when present.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in Illinois.
- Some knowledge of pharmacology and possible side effects of medications required.
- Must be certified in CPR and maintain certification or become certified within 90 days of hire.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled