Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conduct physical health screening and consultation as needed for Outpatient clients.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required paperwork, according to all funder requirements and in a timely manner, including but not limited to: progress notes, opening paperwork, physical health assessments, treatment plans, applications for patient assistance programs, medication side-effect sheets, all medical/nursing forms and incident reports related to injuries or other unusual, adverse incidents.
- Review medical records to ensure all prescriber and consumer signatures are obtained as required.
- Complete services, including but not limited to medication administration, monitoring, training, case management, and referral services as indicated on treatment plans.
- Assess consumers for acute physical issues, providing first aid as indicated, and review physical health screenings when requested, making referrals or coordinating physician reviews when indicated. Report any significant changes in the consumer’s physical status.
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other healthcare providers, pharmacies, and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist in transportation, if needed, to clinic appointments, hospital, and other special meetings/activities/appointments.
- Administer, evaluate, and appropriately document TB skin tests.
- Promote and provide medical teaching from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness, using trauma-informed care by assisting consumers with requiring control over their own lives through self-directed recovery.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and the community to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Function as a team member, attend meetings and consumer staffing, participate in program development activities and provide support and back-up to other team members as necessary.
- Provide support and guidance to consumers in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- Conduct all of the above functions in the treatment modality and location most appropriate to the provision of quality and continuity of care.
- Maintain an inventory of all pharmaceutical and medical supplies.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Mental Health Code, Substance Use Disorders standards, and Confidentiality Act and its application to consumer services.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other services as required, requested, assigned, or negotiated with supervisor.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in Illinois and ten (10) years’ post license experience.
- Requires knowledge of pharmacology of commonly prescribed medicines and drugs and their therapeutic levels and possible adverse reactions.
- Requires the ability to evaluate client condition and behavior and prepare accurate detailed records.
- Must be certified in CPR and maintain certification or become certified within 90 days of hire.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completionof Chestnut's background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled