Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Family Health Center, a division of Chestnut Health Systems, is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Provide direct precepting of Illinois State University/Mennonite College of Nursing students for primary care and care coordination nursing functions.
- Provide care coordination services for patients with complex health care needs while effectively utilizing health center and community resources to communicate with the patient’s primary care provider, behavioral care provider, specialty care providers, hospitals, emergency departments, psychiatry providers, or other medical/behavioral providers working with the patient as well as families, referral sources, schools, and/or other professionals, with regular guidance and oversight.
- Develop plan of care according to Nursing Process components and provider orders to sustain and support patients during diagnosis, treatment, and management according to evidence based care guidelines.
- Ensure patients receive continuity of care in a professional and respectful environment by providing direct support to providers including patient history, illness status, current medications, and other clinical information as necessary.
- As directed, may be responsible for fulfilling but is not limited to the following clinical functions:
- Carry out the health care plan designed by the Chestnut Family Health Center provider.
- Administer treatments and/or medication prescribed by Chestnut Family Health Center provider.
- Interview clients for the purpose of gathering health history.
- Administer and evaluate medical tests as appropriate (i.e., TB tests).
- Provide limited physical assessment for the purpose of screening acute problems as requested by and under the supervision of the Chestnut Family Health Center provider.
- Provide health teaching for patients and their families.
- Provide quality health care treatment in areas approved by the Chestnut Family Health Center provider.
- Ensure compliance with HRSA, Joint Commission, Vaccines for Children, Medicaid, Medicare regulations and expectations.
- Participate in all Chestnut Family Health Center required staff development activities and QI initiatives, including necessary trainings, supervision, and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with Chestnut Family Health Center personnel, volunteers, and outside agencies; operating professionally within a multi-disciplinary team setting which includes consist modeling of the Mission, Vision, Values and Recovery Values of Chestnut Health Systems.
- Maintain training/certification required by state and federal regulations.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in Illinois.
- Must be certified in CPR and maintain certification or become certified within 90 days of hire.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled