Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for our Granite City, IL facility, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required data entry and paperwork, accounting to all funder requirements and in a timely manner, including but not limited to, progress notes, opening paperwork, applications for patient assistance programs, all medical/nursing forms and mental health assessments and treatment plans when assigned.
- 100% of medical/nursing information to be completed and entered AT THE TIME OF THE DELIVERY OF SERVICE.
- 80% of progress notes to be submitted within forty-eight hours of the delivery of service.
- Review medical records to ensure completeness including all prescriber and consumer signatures are obtained as required.
- Complete services, including but not limited to medication administration, monitoring and training and case management services as indicated on treatment plans.
- Assess consumers for acute physical issues, providing first aid as indicated, and review physical health screenings, making referrals or coordinating prescriber reviews when indicated.
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other healthcare providers, pharmacies and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Respond appropriately and timely, to all consumer and family member inquiries regarding medication refills, questions and/or concerns.
- Administer, evaluate, and appropriately document TB skin tests.
- Promote and provide medical teaching from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness, using trauma-informed care, through self-directed recovery, including using recovery language in all applicable documentation.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and the community to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Function as a team member, attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and back-up to other team members as necessary.
- Assume a leadership role, when assigned, by acting as a peer leader and delegating tasks to LPNs and Medical Assistants when present within the same programs.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other services as required, requested, assigned, or negotiated with supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent and registered nurse licensed in Illinois with less than five (5) years’ RN experience required.
- Previous nursing experience with clients with behavioral health issues, knowledge of psychotropic medications, and ability to work independently in the community preferred.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled