Chestnut Family Health Center, a program of Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to serve on a multidisciplinary travel team including Medical Assistant, Nurse, Behavioral Health Clinician and/or Recovery Support Staff to help Chestnut expand Medication Assisted Treatment in state identified “desert” counties. Travel will be to sites in Jersey, Macoupin, Montgomery, Madison, Bond, Clinton and St. Clair counties.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Carry out the health care plan designed by the Practitioners.
- Administer treatments and/or medication prescribed by Practitioners.
- Interview clients for the purpose of gathering health history.
- Administer and evaluate medical tests as appropriate (i.e., CLIA waived tests including but not limited to pregnancy, urine screening, rapid influenza, rapid strep, TB tests, etc.).
- Provide health teaching for patients and their families from a holistic approach per nurse practice guidelines.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required paperwork, according to all funder requirements and in a timely manner, including but not limited to, progress notes, opening paperwork, mental health assessments, treatment plans, applications for patient assistance programs, medication side-effect sheets, all medical/nursing forms and incident reports related to injuries or other unusual, adverse incidents.
- Review medical records to ensure all prescriber and patient signatures are obtained as required.
- Assess patients for acute physical issues, providing first aid as indicated, and review physical health screenings when requested, making referrals or coordinating physician reviews when indicated. Report any significant changes in the consumer’s physical status.
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other healthcare providers, pharmacies and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness, using trauma-informed care by assisting consumers with requiring control over their own lives through self-directed recovery.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and the community to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Function as a team member, attend meetings and patient staffing, participate in program development activities and provide support and back-up to other team members as necessary.
- Provide support and guidance to patients in maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
- Conduct all of the above functions in the treatment modality and location most appropriate to the provision of quality and continuity of care.
- Maintain an inventory of all pharmaceutical and medical supplies.
- Facilitate health education groups.
- Develop a working knowledge of HIPAA, the Mental Health Code and Confidentiality Act and its application to patient services.
- Assume a leadership role, on a regular basis, by acting as a peer leader, mentoring and delegating tasks to Medical Assistants, LPNs and less experienced RNs.
- Monitor and report any vehicle maintenance issues to the maintenance department.
- Complete any associated expense reports within Chestnut identified timeframes.
- Report on time and prepared to remote sites.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other services as required, requested, assigned or negotiated with supervisor.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in Illinois.
- Requires knowledge of pharmacology of commonly prescribed medicines and drugs and their therapeutic levels and possible adverse reactions.
- Requires the ability to evaluate client condition and behavior and prepare accurate detailed records.
- Must be certified in CPR and maintain certification or become certified within 90 days of hire.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and must meet qualifications for agency auto insurance coverage.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
For immediate consideration, please see us at www.chestnut.org/employment
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled