Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to work 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. for our Bloomington, IL facility.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Conduct physical health screening to ensure consumers are medically appropriate for admission to the Crisis Stabilization Unit and Residential Units.
- Complete or coordinate the completion of all required paperwork, according to all funder requirements and in a timely manner, including but not limited to: progress notes, opening paperwork, mental health assessments, treatment plans, applications for patient assistance programs, medication side-effect sheets, all medical/nursing forms and incident reports related to injuries or other unusual, adverse incidents.
- Review medical records to ensure all prescriber and consumer signatures are obtained as required.
- Complete services, including but not limited to medication administration, monitoring, training and case management services as indicated on treatment plans.
- Assess consumers for acute physical issues, providing first aid as indicated, and review physical health screenings when requested, making referrals or coordinating physician reviews when indicated. Report any significant changes in the consumer’s physical status.
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other healthcare providers, pharmacies and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist in transportation of Crisis/Detox patients to clinic appointments, 702 assessments, hospital, and other special meetings/activities/appointments.
- Administer, evaluate and appropriately document TB skin tests.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in Illinois.
- Some knowledge of pharmacology and possible side effects of medications required.
- Must be certified in CPR and maintain certification or become certified within 90 days of hire.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, Outlook, e-prescribing and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled