Right at Home N. Central MA is looking for Registered Nurse (RN) to be the Nurse in Charge of building a Skilled Nursing Program for a successful In Home Care agency in the N. Central MA area. Our offices are located in Harvard, MA and some work can be done at home.
Right at Home is making a decided difference within the community despite the current COVID-19 pandemic! We understand the concern of exposure, and we have specialized training and all the necessary CDC recommended PPEs (personal protective equipment) to minimize that risk. Currently we do not care for any Covid-19 positive clients.
· We offer excellent premium pay for those working in senior residences OR with COVID-19 positive, or “suspected” positive, clients.
· Full PPEs (personal protective equipment,) as required by CDC guidance, will be given to all caregivers working in senior residences or with positive or suspected positive COVID-19 clients.
o Face mask
· With a variety of shifts available in homes, or in assisted living senior residences, you could start working in just a few days!
Right at Home caregivers are our greatest asset, and are supported with these special benefits:
· Flexible schedules
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Training
· AFLAC Healthcare coverage available
· Overtime paid at time and a half
Performs nursing care to patient in accordance with an established plan of care in accordance with Right at Home policies and procedures and all other laws and relevant professional standards.
· Working with the President to become a Skilled Nursing accredited agency. You MUST have experience applying for accreditation through either JCAHO or CHAPS. You will manage the accreditation process with the president. Gathering documents and working with JCAHO or CHAPS on process and certification.
· We are open to you working from home to prepare for the accreditation application process if requested
· Furnishes services in accordance with Agency policies and the State Nurse Practice Act.
· Prepares and records clinical notes and progress notes.
· Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in conditions of the patient and family situation to the Nursing Supervisor and documents such reports and observations in the clinical record.
· Performs assigned nursing procedures, including administration of treatments and medications, in the care of the patient, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the Plan of Care.
· Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
· Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
· Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the patient care plan.
· Be willing to do caregiver training, prepare training documents
· Be available for back up on call support
Additional (non-essential) Desired Functions
· Participates in community relations activities.
· Help within the office on occasion if needed
· Be available to speak to fellow team members regarding Skilled Nursing questions
· Be a team player and mentor
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Availability
· Graduate of an approved Practical/Vocational Nursing Program and one year of nursing experience in the past 5 years or completion of an accredited refresher course within the past 2 years.
· Currently licensed and in good standing as a Practical/Vocational Nurse in this State.
· Knowledge and ability and the necessary skill and judgment to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice in the Nurse Practice Act. Understanding of the working team concept and the ability to work under supervision.
· You must be able to secure a fit for duty letter from your PCP and provide proof of employment and experience with references.
Join our family and know that you can make a huge difference during this historic time period!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $33.00 - $40.00 per hour
Employment Type: Part Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $33 - $44 Hourly