PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
A Hospice Registered Nurse who under the direction of and in accordance with the IDG plan of care provides skilled hospice care for patients certified as having a terminal illness who have elected the Hospice benefit. The Hospice Registered Nurse also provides supportive care to patients families and/or significant others.
This position is a Full Time position for the 3 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. shift at the PIH Hospice Houses, 2 - 5 bed houses licensed as freestanding Hospice Inpatient Units. The RN works with the LVN and CNA on each shift.
- Compassion and empathy coupled with clinical knowledge to assist patients with terminal care needs
- Computer knowledge and abilities.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the nursing process in order to develop an individualized patient plan of care.
- Cognizant of standards and practices for California State Hospice licensure, and federal CoPs.
- Current California RN license.
- Current CPR card.
- Medicare Certified Hospice experience preferred.
- BSN, PHN preferred
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a professional nurse.
- Experience with an EMR system preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V