- CLINICAL PRACTICE: Performs all aspects of clinical practice according to standards of care, including, but not limited to: assessment, planning, implementing, evaluation, intervention, organization of work, priority setting, decision making, follow-up, activities of daily living, IV Therapy, EKG's.
- LEADERSHIP: Delegates tasks to subordinates to ensure efficient and effective work flow. Provides input into hiring and evaluations and participates in the interviewing process. Resolves conflicts. Ensures proper staffing patterns according to established nurse-patient ratios. Assures current and quality nursing practice is maintained through participating in and keeping informed of unit/Hospital committees, staff meetings and other related activities. May serve as charge person.
- DOCUMENTATION: Maintains thorough and complete documentation according to established legal and Hospital guidelines. Transcribes and inputs physician orders accurately and in a timely manner, using the nurse order entry system.
- COMMUNICATION: Communicates and collaborates with all health team members, patients, and families effectively. Ensures patient care needs are met in a timely manner and follow through is initiated and/or completed. May act as a patient advocate.
- EDUCATION: Keeps current with nursing skills, equipment, and unit specific knowledge. Provides patient/family teaching, may act as a preceptor, assists with the professional development of the unit.
- Current RN license - Massachusetts Experience in Department; great interpersonal skills.
- BLS & ACLS certification required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.