Vighter has an amazing opportunity to provide nursing services in support of the US military and their families at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center located in El Paso, TX. We are looking for quality nurses with at least one (1) year of experience who have an active unrestricted license from any US state or territory. Positions on this recently awarded contract will not stay open for long due to the highly competitive pay rate and the numerous benefits offered to employees. Join a team that is focused on providing excellent healthcare services to support military families and work at one of the leading Department of Defense medical facilities in the US.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY:
- Competitive hourly rate plus shift differentials
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life, Disability, 401K, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, med-mal etc.
- 56 Hours of Sick Leave provided annually
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 paid holidays per year
Title: Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit
The Registered Nurse collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Nurses effectively interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing. The Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse specializes in delivering care to patients. Their duties include evaluating patients conditions, administering treatment, and providing constant support during recovery.
Location: William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX
- Assessing a patients condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording patient vital signs
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications
- Ordering diagnostic tests
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Acting as patient advocate
- Providing education and support to patient families
- Critical care nurses may also care for pre- and post-operative patients.
- In addition, some serve as case managers and policy makers, while others perform administrative duties.
- Evidence of graduation from baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program in nursing for registered nurse.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse.
- A minimum of one-year of full-time experience providing services as an independently licensed registered nurse in an in-patient environment.
- Shall be a United States Citizen
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Intensive Care Registered Nurses shall one year of full-time experience in the last year as an intensive care registered nurse having worked in any of the following critical care work areas: Surgical Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care, or Coronary Care Unit. Critical Care nurses shall also be certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) prior to beginning the performance of services.
- Must be able to stand or sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Position is contingent upon contract award