Registered Nurse II Case Manager
Springfield, IL (ID#15760)
When your mission depends on quality health care, rely on a team who can deliver results. From cutting-edge analysis to optimized health programs, Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services (CNHS) can manage any size federal project. Federal clients who partner with CNHS improve their access to care, medical readiness and program efficiency. Wherever the mission takes you, CNHS delivers world-class solutions, on time and on budget.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cnhs.com/Pages/Home.aspx
CNHS is accepting applications for a Case Manager to support the IL Army National Guard Non-Clinical Case Management contracting team in Springfield, IL. The Case Manager will support the ILARNG by case managing soldiers who are injured and ill. This includes filing, taking phone calls, scheduling appointments and providing administrative support with the team. In addition they may work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of charts as well as other materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
Case management personnel will be experienced in all aspects and qualified in their respective functional areas including:
- Responsible for tracking medical status of ALL assigned Soldiers.
- Responsible for medical charting in eCase.
- Request profile exams/evaluations and audiology exams at physical exam center.
- Coordinate Soldier treatment plans with appropriate medical facilities.
- Maintain automated referrals indicated in MEDCHART.
- Submit case processing, medical documentation, and profile concerns to military/contacted provider.
- Attend PHA events as determined by the needs of the state and the individual units.
- Ensure those Soldiers referred by a provider are followed by the case management team.
- Manage Soldier's care from the identification of the condition to when the Soldier is either:
- Considered medically ready.
- Administratively separated from the military.
- Follow the regulations and policies applicable to Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) and deployment, to include the AR 40-501 and other applicable guidance.
- Ensure all medical documentation received from the Soldier and/or their medical team is received and placed in appropriated electronic record, as well as the Soldier's hard copy record.
- Maintain Soldier medical records in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 40-66.
- Provide Records Custodian or delegate with all relevant medical/dental documentation.
- Obtain release of information from Soldier.
- Educate Soldiers on resources available to improve medical and dental readiness.
- Maintain Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) standards and guidelines.
- Review and track health assessment (PHA, SRP) lab results contact SM and educate on lifestyle modifications.
- Upload medical documents of case managed Soldiers into Health Readiness Record (HRR).
- Stamp all medical documents for verification after uploading.
- Index uploaded medical documents.
- MODS entry of immunizations, designation of pregnancy, eye exams, medical warning tags.
- Provide all medical documents received for case management to Records Custodian to be filed using a document evidencing transfer of custody from the contractor to the government. Copy of each supporting transfer document shall be provided to the COR at the end of each month no later than 7 calendar days at the end of the month.
- Contractor will ensure all administrative charting in eCase is completed.
- Track medical appointments by communication with unit to ensure Soldier attendance and submission of follow up documentation.
- Log in eCase any contact with SM (email, voice call, or personal interview).
- Communicate with delegated government personnel to track compliance versus noncompliance.
- Run MEDPROS report Post PHA/SRP event.
- Monitor MEDPROS to ensure all scheduled services are completed/updated and current medical status is reflected.
- Report Medical Readiness to the Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Ensure Soldiers with T3, T4, P3 or P4 profiles are case managed in the eCase module.
Supervised by the Site Lead Case Manager and program manager
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- The case management position may be filled at a minimum by either a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) or Social Worker with medical experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- PC proficiency, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be a US Citizen
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.