Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities.We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
Surveillance and Data Analysis:
- Reviews hospital on-going surveillance using appropriate IC criteria, documentation and investigation of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs).
- Evaluates effectiveness of the Hospital Infection Control Program, modifying when necessary.
- Ensures daily rounding at local hospital to identify procedures and processes associated with risk of infection and implements best practice strategies to reduce risks.
- Reviews and interprets data in support of epidemiological studies of specific problem areas to determine the source of the problem and to make recommendations at the local hospital infection control committee.
- Conducts analysis of the hospital infection control data to include risk assessment, prevention and control strategies.
- Supports and oversees hospital infection control committee meetings to support program progression and compliance with identified strategies to reduce risk from infections.
- Supports and attends hospital committees to ensure performance improvement strategies are consistent with system plans and goals.
- Oversees function of reporting of communicable disease to local and state regulating bodies to ensure compliance at local hospital.
- Works with hospital risk manager to report infection outbreaks to the appropriate regulating bodies.
- Leads quality improvement activities by assessing, monitoring, and measuring HAI rates and evaluating outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Participates in hospital organized performance improvement activities specific to infection reduction strategies.
- Implements task forces to address infection clusters to ensure rapid improvement.
- Supports infection control activities as it relates to other improvement strategies, ie immunization programs, hand hygiene, surgical care, pneumonia and sepsis reduction strategies, etc.
- In conjunction with Hospital HR and Education Department(s), plans, organizes implements and evaluates educational programs for Hospital personnel, including administrative and ancillary staff, to enhance skills, knowledge and awareness of HAIs, avoidance techniques, and preventative measures.
- Conducts regular training sessions to ensure consistent implementation of IC practices at local hospital.
- Works with corporate Infection Control Committee to develop educational materials that are relevant, useful and easily understood by both clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- In consultation with the System Leadership, advises and consults with physicians, nurses and contracte4d personnel concerning precautions for patients, staff and others to prevent infection transmission.
- Serves as a knowledgeable and available resource on IC practices and policies for patients, families and staff.
- Maintains compliance with all standards from CDC, DNV, CMS, DPH, Local Boards of Health, OSHA, etc.
- Assists with licensing/accreditation survey preparation as needed.
- Maintains an updated Infection Control Manual at local hospital that is consistent with system standards, policies and procedures.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Knowledgeable in fields related to infection control, microbiology, patient care practices, clinical infectious diseases, pathology, medical statistics or biostatics, epidemiology and adult education principles.
- Experience in Information Technology as applied to Infection Control or Public Health, with a working knowledge of and ability to use online services for research, i.e., MedMined, NHSN, etc.
- Knowledge of performance improvement monitoring and development of performance improvement indicators.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated assertiveness, conflict resolution, negotiation and collaboration skills and customer focused interpersonal skills
- RN license required
- Certification Board for Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC) required.
- Minimum Hospital infection control required
"Jordan Valley Medical Center West Valley Campusis directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff."
Steward Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/ Female /Veterans /Disabled
Job: Infection Control
Primary Location: Utah-West Valley City
Organization: Jordan Valley West
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Job Posting: Mar 11, 2019, 10:43:49 AM
Job Posting: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days