Registered Nurse Infection Prevention Specialist AdventHealth Fish Memorial
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Palm Coast Fl.
- Full Time Day Shift
- Develops, implements and annually evaluates the hospital’s infection control program to prevent and control the transmission of infections in the patient, employee, visitor and medical staff populations.
- Responsible for oversight of the infection prevention and control program.
- Develops a surveillance plan based on the population(s) served, services provided and historical surveillance data
- Considers the financial implications, safety implications, and clinical outcomes when making recommendations, evaluating technology and products, and developing policies and procedures
- Attends 75% of the role-specific region council meetings
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Minimum five years nursing experience
- Active Florida RN Licensure
- BSN degree
- Experience with Acute/Inpatient dialysis
- ICU, CCU, and ER experience
The Infection Prevention Specialist is a qualified individual with knowledge of CDC guidelines and definitions of nosocomial infections, TJC standards, Federal and State regulations. The infection preventionist is responsible for the investigation, identification, reporting, prevention and control of nosocomial infections among patients and personnel. Functions as a key member of the region infection prevention and patient safety teams.