Vighter has an amazing opportunity to provide nursing services in support of the US military and their families at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center located in El Paso, TX. We are looking for quality nurses with at least one (1) year of experience who have an active unrestricted license from any US state or territory. Positions on this recently awarded contract will not stay open for long due to the highly competitive pay rate and the numerous benefits offered to employees. Join a team that is focused on providing excellent healthcare services to support military families and work at one of the leading Department of Defense medical facilities in the US.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY:
- Competitive hourly rate plus shift differentials
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life, Disability, 401K, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, med-mal etc.
- 56 Hours of Sick Leave provided annually
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 paid holidays per year
Title: Registered Nurse Labor & Delivery
Labor & Delivery Nurses (L/D Nurses), also called perinatal nurses, provide care and support for women before, during and after delivery of the baby. They are responsible for making sure that the medical as well as the emotional needs of the patient are adequately met throughout the entire birthing process. L/D Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles.
Location: William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX
- Sits with and monitors patient throughout (before/during/after) the labor
- Monitors contractions and helps patient with breathing techniques
- Performs basic IV and central line skills
- Performs phlebotomy skills
- Knowledge of hemodynamics
- Administers pain medication as ordered; administers other meds to address specific medical conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes
- Takes and records patients vital signs, ascertains if problematic
- Reads fetal monitor & ascertains if there is a problem with baby's heart rate
- Identifies & manages life-sustaining physiological functions in unstable patients
- Checks patients cervix periodically to monitor progression/lack of dilation
- Ensures patients bed is kept dry & clean; cleans up bodily fluids expelled before & after the birthing process
- Contacts anesthesia when/if patient is ready for epidural; contacts delivering physician at appropriate time, ascertains proper time
- Cares for patients on Pitocin, MgSO4 & continuous lumbar epidural
- Ensures patient is in proper position for delivery & all monitoring equipment is functioning properly
- Aids doctor with drapes, gloves, gowns, etc.; hands doctor delivery instruments as needed during birthing process
- Encourages patient to push at proper time(s)
- Records time of birth
- Immediate care of newborn (clean, weigh, etc.)
- Gives Apgar scores
- Keeps and family informed of progression of birth
- Performs other position related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
- Evidence of graduation from baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program in nursing for registered nurse.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse.
- A minimum of one-year of full-time experience providing services as an independently licensed registered nurse in an in-patient environment
- Shall be a United States Citizen
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Labor and Delivery Registered Nurses shall have one year of clinical experience within the last two years as a full-time in a like-type position which being considered in an in-patient hospital and/or medical center. This position requires a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS). Intermediate Fetal Monitoring. These certifications shall maintain in a current status at all times while performing services under this contract.
- Must be able to stand or sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Position is contingent upon contract award