SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Grossmont Surgery Center is a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center located in La Mesa, CA specializing in Ophthalmology, Pain Management and endoscopic GI procedures. We also occasionally perform Cardiovascular cases such as pacemaker and peripheral angiogram procedures. We have three operating rooms and two GI procedure rooms and have a case volume of approximately 500 patient per month.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Seeking a part time Registered Nurse for our busy Ambulatory Surgery Center. Part time teammates are scheduled to work three eight-hour shifts per week. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and PTO is offered. The shift start, end, and length of time flexes with the facility caseload and will vary from day to day. The Registered Nurse may be assigned to various departments such as: Pre-op, OR, GI procedure room and PACU according to the needs of scheduling. Willingness to cross-train a must.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care
- Ability to provide directions to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Assesses plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patients care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Other ancillary duties as assigned by leadership.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse
- Current State of California licensure to practice
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- IV proficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and effectively while maintaining a calm atmosphere
- Must be available flexible hours
- Prior GI, pain management or ophthalmic experience preferred
Please send resumes to Lorraine.Lauria@scasurgery.com