Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery Full Time Days
Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman
Amazing organization to work for with great culture and mission
Great perks and health benefits
Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
Full Time Day Shift 7 am to 7 pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performing nursing assessments and data collection for patients focusing on the physiological, cultural, psychological, spiritual and cognitive status of the patient. Nursing assessments include the family or significant others as needed
- Developing and implementing a plan of care that is individualized and goal directed based on patient needs and standards of care
- Evaluating and revising the plan of care as defined by policy
- Knowledgeable of and performs technical duties and responsibilities for the registered nurse in area of assignment
- Collaborating and partnering with Medical Staff and ancillary departments to coordinate patient care
- Supervising and delegating care given by members of the health care team
- Recording care, patient condition and interventions taken in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrating effective communication skills and assisting the Nurse Manager/Director in assuring staff is well informed on corporate, departmental, and unit plans, goals, and objectives
- Demonstrating effective problem resolution skills
- Advocating and supporting patients and families to receive the care and treatment needed as identified in the plan of care
- Participating in departmental or hospital performance improvement activities
- Utilizing equipment and supplies in a safe, responsible manner
- Completing initial and annual clinical competencies assessments
- Providing patient/family education and training based on each patient’s needs and abilities
- Focused on achieving an excellent patient/family experience of care by actively participating in all initiatives and behaviors expected of Florida Hospital Waterman employees
- Attending 75% or more of department staff meetings, reading notices and emails related to hospital/department information on a regular basis
- Participating in orientation and training of co-workers and new employees
- Performing other job related duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse or Manager
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license required or if New graduate, offer contingent on passing NCLEX
- Basic Life Support (BLS)- (Accredited through American Heart Association) required
- Department Specific:
- Current ACLS at time of hire for ED, ICU, CVICU, PCU, OR, PACU, Med/Surg Observation, and Endoscopy.
- Current NRP certification for Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept.
- Current PALS certification for Pediatrics Dept, ED.
- Experience: Minimum 1 to 5 years RN experience required
- Education: BSN or MSN, or Bachelor/Masters in Healthcare related field preferred
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members. Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients during a designated time frame. The RN provides care consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of the facility and the Florida State Board of Nursing Practice Act.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.