Registered Nurse – Labor and Delivery
Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
- Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
- Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
- CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
- LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
- Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Full Time Nights
7a-3p = base wage
3p-11p = base wage plus 6%
11p-7a = base wage plus 15%
Weekends are another 10% on top of the above
7a-3p = base wage plus 10%
3p-11p = base wage plus 6% plus 10%
11p-7a = base wage plus 15% plus 10%
You Will Be Responsible For:
· The registered nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, implementing and planning patient centered care for all assigned patients on the unit during his/her shift, according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center.
· Responsible for gathering and documenting complete data on each new admission to the unit.
· Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate documentation in the plan of care on each patient including, but not limited to, spiritual care, end of life decisions, supplies and procedures, admission screen, patient and family teaching and counseling, and clinical path.
· Actively participates in continuous quality improvement.
· Manages all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment and promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and personnel of this and other departments.
· Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety. Develops self professionally and participates in hospital and departmental activities.
What you will need:
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· Six months to one-year related experience and/or training
· Current certificate in BLS
· Current certificate in NRP or obtain within 3 months.
· Current certificate in ACLS or obtain within 3 months.
· Current certificate in STABLE or obtain within 6 months
· Current certificate in an AWHONN approved Fetal monitoring course or obtain within 6 months.
· Current license as an RN in the state of Texas
To provide nursing services, regardless of the age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race, religion or health problems of the client served.
Associate remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treats staff, physician, patients and families with consideration and respect.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.