DescriptionThere's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Registered Nurse or LicensedPractical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for ensuring the well-being ofpatients and for providing a positive, supportive environment while working inconjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office andclinical staff. The successful RN/LPN/LVN will have sound clinical acumen, strongcommunication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
- Assess, screen, triage and perform treatment ordered for patients
- Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders
- Prepare and assist provider with dispensing prescribed medications (in states where applicable)
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Thisrole is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noiselevel is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseasesand blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hoursat a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity inrelation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may varybased on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You’ll be rewardedand recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge youand give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as wellas provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current state licensure
- 2+ years dedicated nursing experience (RN candidates), or 2+ years dedicated clinical experience (LPN/LVN candidates)
- Maintain BLS/CPR and CME/CEU’s as applicable for licensure
- Experience with venous access for medication administration (RN candidates only), as well as venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- LPN/LVN candidates only: Current IV Certification or must be willing to obtain within 90 days if required by state
- 1+ years of experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
- Working knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
- Experience with IV insertion
- Experience with employer health services / occupational medicine
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
© 2018 OptumCare. All Rights Reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical
practices or any of their physicians.
MedExpress® is a national leader in delivering high-quality, convenient, affordable health care in a patientcentric manner. MedExpress was founded in 2001 in Morgantown, West Virginia, with a commitment to treating each patient as if he/she were the only patient. A broad scope of services is provided including urgent care, employer health services, and basic wellness and prevention services
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, healthcare, Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, MedExpress, patient care, Salina, KS, Kansas