The purpose of this position is to provide supervision for nursing personnel, act as a resource person; ensure that quality nursing care is given to all Mt Hope Nazarene Retirement Communities’ residents.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPECTATIONS –
- Leadership Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also, listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
- Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes.
- Leadership Practice – Live out servant leadership through frequent individual attentiveness to your work team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to plan, prioritize, organize, delegate and implement job responsibilities. High degree of exactness.
- The ability to communicate calmly and gently with residents and family members exhibiting patience, compassion, understanding and sensitivity.
- Possess good interpersonal skills so that they can communicate with the residents’ and staff .
- The ability to solve problems and should be enthusiastic enough to accept day-to day work challenges, and the ability to prioritize work.
- The ability to supervise, motivate, train, and define Mt Hope Nazarene Retirement Community Standards and communicate effectively with staff.
- Profound knowledge of medications and equipment’s required in the nursing department and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks at a time and manage their time effectively setting priorities to the tasks.
- Able to transcript physician orders.
- The ability to provide leadership in any emergency.
- The ability to recognize and respond to adverse signs and symptoms.
- The ability to be flexible, accept change and adapt to new assignments; good time management skills.
- The ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Knowledge of Care Plan update; basic computer knowledge.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Responsible to ensure that quality services are provided efficiently and effectively in the nursing area.
- Responsible to implement and/or assist as necessary with the following nursing procedures:
- Skilled nursing treatments.
- Coordinate calls to physicians.
- Complete rounds to assess resident’s condition and needs.
- Monitor and ensure that all aspects of nursing documentation are completed in a timely, accurate manner.
- Respond in person to any emergency situation.
- Ensure all aspects of death procedures are completed.
- Serve as a resource person for all nursing staff.
- Ensure Mt Hope Nazarene Retirement Community staffing levels are maintained; find relief staff for unscheduled absences.
- Give and take report – (communicate new orders, problems, family issues, etc.).
- Address staff concerns in assigned areas throughout the shift as necessary; resolve staff problems in consultation with the Director of Nursing
- Demonstrate a mature, positive attitude; facilitate a team spirit; help LPNs and Nursing Assistants deal with stressful days.
- Provide input for Performance Appraisal Forms; issue verbal, education and warnings and implement any disciplinary decisions as assigned.
- Performs Rounds with the physician
- Train or retrain LPNs or Caregivers as necessary.
- Maintain safety standards and procedures; monitor light duty staff.
- Be a resource person for LPNs and Nursing Assistants
- Responsible to ensure nursing care is performed in accordance with physicians’ orders; perform resident care as needed to maintain quality services.
- Responsible to share in Care Planning functions.
- Communicate assignments to appropriate staff.
- Have knowledge of Quality Indicators of nursing process.
- Have knowledge of regulations for MDS/Care Planning and ensure that staff develops Care Plans per Federal and State regulations.
- Be a leader/monitor for meetings; facilitate time-appropriate discussions.
- Communicate with Department Directors, as needed, to ensure that inter-disciplinary staff is completing care plan functions appropriately.
- Responsible to communicate necessary information to all levels of nursing in a timely, accurate manner.
- Responsible to attend RN and other appropriate meetings.
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
- Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned.
- Current PA license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training, preferred in a skilled nursing or retirement facility.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The RN supervisor is responsible to the Director of Nursing.
- The RN supervisor relates as a team member with others in nursing.
- Basic computer skills needed. Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook.
- The RN Supervisor will maintain an RN license to practice nursing in PA.
Salary: 38.00 Hourly